- AI periodically donates technical assistance in the form of software scripts so that scientists can spend more time in data analysis and advocacy. Background report here, and San Francisco Chronicle report here.
- AI has given grants for equipment and biodiversity assessments in places where local communities are making concerted efforts to protect their environment:
- Ancillary equipment for conservation officers, such as reverse osmosis systems to provide fresh drinking water at Helen Reef
- Biological surveys and panoramic documentation
- Technical assistance to set up radars at Ant Atoll
- AI has contributed to technology development for elimination of lionfish, which have destroyed fisheries from Brazil to Connecticut. Robots In Service of the Environment (RISE) is developing an robot to remove lionfish, particularly in depths beyond the reach of fishermen and divers.